B-Pack S.p.A., acting as Data Controller, provides the following information on the cookies used on the www.b-pack.it domain (hereinafter the website).
What exactly are cookies?
Cookies are strings of text created by a server and stored on the computer’s hard disk or on any device used (smartphone, tablet) and then retransmitted the next time you access the Internet.
Cookies collect information while you are browsing through the website. Cookies can be permanently stored on your computer and have a variable lifespan (persistent cookies), but they may also disappear when you close your browser or have a limited lifespan (session cookies).
Cookies can be set by the website you are visiting (first-party cookies) or they can be set by other websites (third-party cookies).
Are cookies bad?
There is no absolute answer to this question. It depends on what type of website data the cookies store or don't store and for what this information is ultimately used. You can think of cookies as a tool. In principle they are intended to be helpful, but they can also be put to negative use. Therefore it is worth differentiating and deciding which cookies are necessary and important for you personally, and which should not be saved. You should then adjust the cookie settings on your end device accordingly.
What are cookies actually needed for?
Cookies are supposed to make the user's visit to a website easier and more user-friendly. For example, with online shopping they allow the website to "remember" which products you had in your basket when you call up the page again, or they ensure your preferred layout and font size are automatically displayed.
However, not all cookies are useful and exclusively for the benefit of the user. For example, tracking cookies are used to monitor your behaviour on websites and to place advertising accordingly, or to make websites more user-friendly. It is therefore important to think about which cookies you should allow and which you should refuse. To make this decision, it is helpful to know what types of cookie there are.
What types of cookie are there?
- Functional cookies are cookies that are absolutely necessary for essential functions of the website to work. Without them,the website cannot be used as intended. Among other things, they ensure provision of the correct functionality when a page is changed from http to https and therefore that increased security requirements are met. These cookies collect anonymised information (no link to your identity can therefore be made) and they cannot monitor your movements on other websites. They are only stored for the duration of the session and therefore belong to the session cookies category. Your consent to the use of these cookies is not required.
- First-party cookies are, according to the legal definition, cookies that are not absolutely necessary for the use of a website. They do, however, perform important tasks that improve your browsing experience. For example, these cookies ensure that your chosen settings, such as language selection, are saved. The information they contain is only of use for the particular website in question.
- Performance cookies are cookies that collect information about the way a website is used by the visitor, namely, which page a user calls up most often and whether error messages are displayed. These cookies do not store any other information. They are used simply to increase user-friendliness and to tailor websites more specifically to the individual user. Moreover, this information is stored only in anonymised form.
- If third-party content is integrated in a website, the third-party provider can apply cookies even when you are not directly using its website. These cookies can be used by the third party to store information about you as a user and to identify you when you visit its own website, in order to present you with a website tailored to you. This is possible for example if a YouTube video is embedded in a website.
- If cookies are used for marketing purposes, these are called marketing cookies. They are used to present the user with advertising that is relevant and tailored to him or her. They are also used to determine how often an advert appears and the effectiveness of an advertising campaign
Managing your cookie settings
Where can I change my cookie settings?
You can object to storing cookies on your hard disk by configuring your browser to disable cookies. Below are cookie management options offered by the main browsers:
Internet Explorer > https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/
However, if you refuse all cookies, this can result in the functional limitation of certain websites.
Which cookies are used on the B-Pack Italia english website?
|JSESSIONID (session)||Preserves users states across page requests.||Essential Cookie|
|sat_track (session)||Saves the consent status of the user for cookies on the website.||Essential Cookie|
|s_cc (session) |
s_vi (2 years)
s_fid (2 years)
demdex (179 days)
|AMCV_# (2 years) |
|Adobe Marketing Cloud uses a cookie to store a visitor ID that is used across Marketing Cloud Solutions.|| |
Communication and disclosure of personal data
The data collected using cookies may be processed by employees and collaborators of the Data Controller, in their capacity as Data Processors and Data-Processing Operators.
Such data may also be processed by companies entrusted by us to carry out technical and organisational tasks on our behalf. These companies are our direct collaborators and act as data processors.
Their list is constantly updated and is available on request by sending a letter to the address below or writing an e-mail to a email@example.com
Data collected using cookies will not be disclosed.
The Data Controller is B-Pack S.p.A., with registered office in Via Michelangelo Buonarroti, 12
28060 San Pietro Mosezzo - Fraz. Nibbia (NO) Italy
Last update: October 2020
Managing your cookie settings
You can personally manage your cookie settings for this website: